Not so coolio – Trucking Video Blog 2

admin | July 29, 2009 | 66 Comments

My goal with these video blogs is to show a real life look into what it is like trucking with Eskimo Sean and Trucker Steve. No professional equipment, just a cheap flip ultra HD camera and a little bit of creative editing. If you would rather me just make silly/sad videos let me know, I don’t want to waste my time with this if it is lame to you.

Production notes: The workflow I’m using for these vlogs is lame, I’m editing the raw h.264 files on a dell studio laptop. I should neoscene the files so I could actually edit in real time as well as slight better color representation , not that it would help this cheap camera much. These videos are quick to cut together so I am not trying to spend to much time on them.

Camera: Flip Ultra HD
Edited: Sony Vegas pro 9.0
Colored: Sony Vegas pro 9.0

Shot hand held, no mounts, no score

Rendered at: Audio: 192 Kbps, 44,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, WMA
Video: 30 fps, 1280×720 Progressive, WMV, 8 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Trucker rants, Truckers health, Trucking in general, Trucking videos

1. ZT says:

That pic of you two is crazy funny!

2. Macklowentry says:

[..YouTube..] You guys are too fuckin funny! LMAO!

3. Macklowentry says:

You guys are too fuckin funny! LMAO!

4. [..YouTube..] Hire me. I need a driving job.

5. Hire me. I need a driving job.

6. Steven says:

Hey Steve,

Great blog!!!! I love your videos!!! I am a IT Tech and bore of it after doing it for 10 yrs. I grew up in Wyoming and loved being around trucks. I LOVE to drive and watching your videos just PUMPS me up bro :O) I will check into May Trucking. Do the train also? Thanks again for the great videos. Keep it safe :O)

Steven

• admin says:

Thanks for the feed back I appreciate that very much. I’m checking out your blog as well. Perhaps we could help each other? In any case have a good day BRO.

7. [..YouTube..] keep rollin

8. placham says:

[..YouTube..] @ 4:44 got that Tee “built ford tough” :-) You guys drive as a team?Isn’t the codriver supposed to sleep while the other guy drives. :-)

9. placham says:

10. placham says:

[..YouTube..] $h!t I meant 1:24 \/

11. placham says:

$h!t I meant 1:24 \/

12. [..YouTube..] Nah we are buddies. That other dude is Ice road trucker Sean. I was giving him a ride back up to Canada so he could handle some business. You can find his channel here on youtube as seansuth

13. Nah we are buddies. That other dude is Ice road trucker Sean. I was giving him a ride back up to Canada so he could handle some business. You can find his channel here on youtube as seansuth

14. carldaponte says:

[..YouTube..] Hi Steve.Love your vids.Trying to break into OTR trucking.Graduating from school soon.Any help with choosing a company would be appreciated.I hear all kinds of stuff about Swift,Cr England,JB Hunt,Schnieder.That new company your working for,do they accept recent grads?I heard you say something about being a trainer.Oh yah,i`m the guy who commented about the latina broads smelling like Guacamoli.I am also a National Guardsman,from Massachusetts,so you would be supporting the troops,with any help

15. carldaponte says:

16. braambo says:

[..YouTube..] Great videos steve watching it again…take care brotherSent from iPhone

17. braambo says:

Great videos steve watching it again…take care brotherSent from iPhone

18. Tribal says:

Steve, very nice web..I am a part of http://www.warontruckerscom we are looking for a video of the Idle Police if you should have one we would love to get a copy posted. We have DOT offices monitoring our site as well as some hits from the US government. Slowly gaining popularity including Facebook. I am laughing pretty good at your pictures, good to see a happy trucker with so many angry & unprofessional drivers out there.
    I am tribal, 82 Peterbilt 359 mostly known for my Wolmanized 20″ bumper.

19. racecarman85 says:

[..YouTube..] fuck yea bro your vids kick fuckin ass

20. racecarman85 says:

fuck yea bro your vids kick fuckin ass

21. Nemesis7811 says:

[..YouTube..] new subscriber here Steve.Great videos :)

22. Nemesis7811 says:

new subscriber here Steve.Great videos :)

23. [..YouTube..] Oh……….Ah-so(le) hurt too much!!!! Steve,are you sure Sean didnt put some of that SRIRACHA hot sauce on your food? Love the stuff but it dont love me long time later……maybe he got you while you weren’t looking.Keep up the vids- I’m a big fan of you and the Eskimo……….Stay safe

24. Oh……….Ah-so(le) hurt too much!!!! Steve,are you sure Sean didnt put some of that SRIRACHA hot sauce on your food? Love the stuff but it dont love me long time later……maybe he got you while you weren’t looking.Keep up the vids- I’m a big fan of you and the Eskimo……….Stay safe

25. BddLS says:

Dear Steve, i liked this video, they're all really great… I believe variety is the key to life, so i really enjoy the goofy spoofs you do, and the real trucker experiences like this video alike. This video made me pull up gangstas paradise off youtube, been a while since ive heard it, if you talk to sean tell him i said thanks. My mom and her new husband live in Michigan, and work for CCX (Conway-Central Express) if you have ever heard of it. my ex-stepdad also drove for CCX, and his son currently owns a Mack, and runs gravel locally here in Illinois. I used to ride with him years ago… Ive been thinking of applying to work on the docks and load up the trucks, since a CCX terminal is right behind my house. Im thinking the docks would be my foot in the door, and once im 21 i could learn to drive. IMO anything would beat the shitty restaurant i work in. and i really think i would enjoy trucking. By the way are you an Owner/Operator?

26. ericbob04 says:

[..YouTube..] 5 stars for lyrical fail Steve! great vid

27. ericbob04 says:

5 stars for lyrical fail Steve! great vid

28. [..YouTube..] Dam good video he’ll yea

29. Dam good video he’ll yea

30. [..YouTube..] Dam good video

31. hammer1994 says:

[..YouTube..] Love the videos….keep ‘em coming. You guys are fuckin funny!

32. hammer1994 says:

Love the videos….keep ‘em coming. You guys are fuckin funny!

33. [..YouTube..] Well driver I love the videos….life on the road….and I know it’s now always glorious but you two seem to make it fun I spend alot of time on the road too and I love your humour and out look on stuff….hey I’m going to catch up on old episodes and look forward to new ones, if you’re in Fort McMurray look me up!

34. Well driver I love the videos….life on the road….and I know it’s now always glorious but you two seem to make it fun I spend alot of time on the road too and I love your humour and out look on stuff….hey I’m going to catch up on old episodes and look forward to new ones, if you’re in Fort McMurray look me up!

35. [..YouTube..] Thank you for the nice comment smokeyDAbear. Make sure to follow me on twitter I update where i’m heading via twitter. Take care out there.

36. Thank you for the nice comment smokeyDAbear. Make sure to follow me on twitter I update where i’m heading via twitter. Take care out there.

37. CarlosCoy135 says:

[..YouTube..] hey steve havent watched one of your videos in a while and im confused about what you said at the end about working for a company better then swift……did you drive for swift at one time??? and how long you been runnin teams with that other guy all the videos i saw you was runnin solo

38. CarlosCoy135 says:

39. [..YouTube..] hell yea steve. bumping coolio in the rig. thats cool shit 5* just for that part hahaha

40. hell yea steve. bumping coolio in the rig. thats cool shit 5* just for that part hahaha

41. [..YouTube..] HAHAHA Coolio is old school cool, I’m always bumping the good shit!

42. HAHAHA Coolio is old school cool, I’m always bumping the good shit!

43. [..YouTube..] I was a driver/teacher for swift for a little longer then 7 years helped develop there training program. They big ugly dude riding with me is Sean Sutherlin A Trucker from the great white north (ice road trucker) I was giving him a ride home (so to speak). Take care brother.

44. I was a driver/teacher for swift for a little longer then 7 years helped develop there training program. They big ugly dude riding with me is Sean Sutherlin A Trucker from the great white north (ice road trucker) I was giving him a ride home (so to speak). Take care brother.

45. Erica says:

i love to do Video blogging on my online Video blog. it is more exciting that traditional blogging and microblogging.

46. sfordgg says: