Not so coolio – Trucking Video Blog 2

admin | July 29, 2009 | 66 Comments

My goal with these video blogs is to show a real life look into what it is like trucking with Eskimo Sean and Trucker Steve. No professional equipment, just a cheap flip ultra HD camera and a little bit of creative editing. If you would rather me just make silly/sad videos let me know, I don’t want to waste my time with this if it is lame to you.

Production notes: The workflow I’m using for these vlogs is lame, I’m editing the raw h.264 files on a dell studio laptop. I should neoscene the files so I could actually edit in real time as well as slight better color representation , not that it would help this cheap camera much. These videos are quick to cut together so I am not trying to spend to much time on them.

Camera: Flip Ultra HD
Edited: Sony Vegas pro 9.0
Colored: Sony Vegas pro 9.0

Shot hand held, no mounts, no score

Rendered at: Audio: 192 Kbps, 44,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, WMA
Video: 30 fps, 1280×720 Progressive, WMV, 8 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Trucker rants, Truckers health, Trucking in general, Trucking videos

1. MrIceman600 says:

[..YouTube..] I go to get my class A next week. I got a class B I drive for a small truck dude,I cant wait to go over the road.

2. MrIceman600 says:

3. [..YouTube..] Right on brother, when you get out here make sure to make some videos so we see how you get down! Take care trucker!

4. Right on brother, when you get out here make sure to make some videos so we see how you get down! Take care trucker!

5. Bill says:

It is scary, sad, and unfortunate that you have children. With your tendancy to objectify women, racist attitudes, constant smoking, and limited vocabulary, perhaps the the fact that you are relegated to driving a truck is a benefit to society.

• admin says:

As they say you must not be from around these parts. I would suggest not coming to a conclusion or judging some one based on what little content you have seen. Most people know that I’m a American humorist who’s intent is to take the stereotypical “trucker” image and make it so far fetched that they see just how silly it is. Then in my next video show the real triumphs or hearth aches that really happen out here. I’m a comedian and you clearly miss the point. Lets just hope you don’t still believe in Santa.

Secondly, you should not take yourself so seriously it is boring and no one likes boring.
      I wish you had left your real info so that perhaps you would see this response to your comment and perhaps investigate my content just a little more to see the real me.
      Any who, I wish you all the best any how. Take care of yourself out there and happy trucking – Trucker Steve

6. rowdygiff says:

Great stuff guys. Love all the videos. Going to get my cdl in a few weeks. maybe i will run across you on the road some day. Gray ghost out.

7. pcking2008 says:

Great stuff Steve! Keep up the great work I appreciate your vids.AngelSanta Clara, CA

8. Just google for Aries-Films and download over 300 tools for video and audiot editing for PC and MAC.. its like goldmine for videoeditors

9. Hey every1, just foud a great website with huge file collection (PC And MAC) Just google For Aries-Films and u will find it. You can also watch youtube video in my channel and see how many great programs they got

10. Wow. Well, still not at vulgar those Jackass movies.

11. loophole3 says:

Not sure if you watch the comments in these older vids anymore but if you do: STEVE! i’m fresh out of school, got my CDL and i’m planning on going with MAY, watching a few of your vids i was wondering a couple things, first off it sounds like May has regular old school log books, no Qualcomm systems? and 2nd, how do you like your Cascadia? from what i’ve read it’s supposedly a very nice rig, how’s that APU working for ya?

12. you two are funny as shit.keep it up.i am thinking about being a trucker.

13. ZIP SCHAEFFER says:

THANKS FOR THE REPLY BACK STEVE. I GUESS IM JUST REACHING OUT FOR HELP AND SOME GOOD ADVICE. IM COMING BACK TO TRUCKING OOOO YAAA! ANYWAY I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO DEVELOP OVER TIME A T.V. STATION AND CHANNEL FOR TRUCKERS MAINLY; LIKE CHANNEL {66} LIKE THE ROUTE HYWAY. YOU COULD HAVE TRUCKER TRIPS AND SLIPS. CUSTOM TRUCK SHOWS, RACING BIG RIGGS,TRUCKER STARS CORNER, LIKE AWARDS FOR GREAT DRIVING AND SAFETY AND COMPANIES, TRUCKER PREACHER CHURCH ON SUNDAY MORNINGS,AND MOVIES ON DEMAND FOR TRUCKERS.EVERY CONCEIVABLE ENTERTAINMENT, DOING WITH THE LIFE OF A TRUCKER. TRUCKERS NEED LOVE AND SUPPORT, ENERTAINMENT, AND GOOD INFORMATION TO IMPROVE THERE SKILLS ON THE ROAD.TRUCKING MANUFACTURERS CAN ADVERTISE ON THAT CHANNEL
    TO SUPPORT IT. ANY PRODUCT THAT IS CONNECTED TO TRUCKING. YOU HAVE THE (POTENCIAL STEVE) TO GET THIS REALLY ROLLING. YOU KNOW THERES A WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD OUT THERE THAT YOUR VERY FAMILAR WITH. IN JUST THAT ALONE YOU COULD BECOME A SUCCESSFULL MAN. NEVER FORGET THOUGH THAT OLD SAYING; A MAN’S GOT TO KNOW HIS LIMIT’S. CLINT EASTWOOD. DOODEELEE DOO DOO DODO! THATS THE THEME SONG LOLOL! YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF STEVE, DO WHATS RIGHT IN LIFE. GOD BLESS YOU BRO,YOUR FRIEND ZIP SCHAEFFER