PC miler gps a useful tool, not so much for ice road truckers however.
PC miler is a household name amongst truckers and trucking companies alike. PC Miler also know as ALK Technologies is a clear leader in routing and mileage software for the trucking industry. ALK is a privately held company out of New Jersey which formed in 1979. They have revolutionized tracking, mapping, out of route variance for truckers in the trucking industry, from the small time independent trucker to the large trucking companies.
GPS for truckers over the last five years have become all the rage.
(I feel it is not necessary but can see how it would be a useful tool, I still don’t own one, old school perhaps?)
Alk Technologies entered the market full force of course. I have heard reports that the original devise for truckers failed to live up to its promise.
(unclear voice, low volume, horrible mapping, etc)
It seems that ALK Technologies must listen to their costumers because the reports on the newer gps units have been great. I have had the pleasure to run with a couple guys who owned the gps units, they seemed happy with the results.
I have seen some video recently that made me take a second look at this company, which is why I’m writing this article. As most of you know by now Trucker Steve is a partner for google who makes original video content about the trucking industry on youtube. There are many benefits to working with google to list a few.
- Superior search engine placement on youtube ( I dominate the front page for all search terms trucker, trucking etc. Not only above the fold but 50% of the results.)
- Brandable content , channel and view pages far beyond the common user. (sales and rents on my content as well)
- Analytics on my viewers that would blow your mind at the information google tracks (which helps me see what my audience likes or dislikes. The search terms trucker, trucking is watched over 6 million times a month I get 40,000 views a day on average.)
- access to internal information that will keep me creating content that lands on the front page.
- Not to mention the money, fame and hot women. ( I’m Kidding) not about the money or the women, lol.
- Proprietary Rights Over Uploaded Content
YouTube Partners own the copyrights & distribution rights to ALL of their own uploaded videos without exception. If you upload a video and are not a partner, YouTube has the right to manage and disseminate that video within youtube.com as they see fit. Read more about youtube partners
To keep up with latest trends in my niche I watch as much video content as possible about the trucking industry. I couldn’t help but see this video and thought to myself “WOW, this is a really pathetic promo video for PC miler, I hope they didn’t pay someone for this.”
The first thing I thought was ” Why and the #$#@ would they have a ice road trucker endorsing this product” it don’t make much sense to me as if he would use it to begin with? When I looked at the gps for truckers by pc miler I never seen ice roads on the map. To me it seems really desperate, nothing against Alex Debogorski he seems like a decent guy.
The second thing I notice was right at the 32 second mark in the video. I was like “what!!! Oh no they didn’t” it is not uncommon to see videos on youtube with spelling errors but in a paid production? Please come on someone should be fired for over looking this and making PC MILER look bad.
The third thing I noticed was at the 50 second mark in the statement ” improving over all driver efficiency” I would say anyone that needs a GPS unit from pc miler to be efficient probably shouldn’t be in the trucking industry to begin with. It is a luxury not a necessity.
The forth thing I noticed. ” Avoid costly fines and tickets” How is that PC MILER? I have seen and heard many stories of drivers (all tho dumb) using your device and getting stuck on a route common sense should have told them not to take. I seen a guy using a PC MILER device who following under strict command of his GPS like it was GOD make a turn onto a rail road track of course after traveling across the ditch and getting smacked by a train.
GIVE ME A BREAK PC MILER ! I have more to say but the phoniness of this promo is pissing me off like they think where all dumb and can’t live with out them? PSSSSTTTT
- how much do ice road truckers make. ?
- Alex Debogorski, The Original Ice Road Trucker, giving his opinion on the PC*MILER Navigator
- The PC*MILER Navigator
- how much do ice road truckers, and oversized load truckers make?
- TBS #55-Ice road trucker SEAN on winter road survival.