My truck and driver are missing. I have called the cops and they said they will do their best to track down my unit. I made the mistake of hiring the wrong driver, I know that insurance will cover most of this but my reputation with my shipper has really been damaged. What would you do trucker steve? — Jim Mobile, AL
Jim, Sorry to hear that something like this has happened to you. I understand that it is already hard being a small business owner in a recession. Reputation and reliability to your costumers can and usually is the only advantage you have over your competitors.
Larger carriers with big budgets have systems in place to recover from situations like this.
Until recently small companies with small budgets didn’t have many options in vehicle tracking gps
- I would start off pay sending your apologies to your costumer.
- I would implement new technology in your business to recover from this situations when/if it happens again.
The larger fleets use qualcomm and as you know most drivers feel like their company don’t trust them. This alone is reason for turnover at companies. You don’t want to make your drivers feel like you don’t trust them, as you know this is the appeal in working for your company. There is also the huge expense of this system which as a small business owner just don’t make sense.
I have a friend who is also a small fleet own with 9 trucks. Not long ago he had a very similar situation happen and nearly lost his business when his most valuable contract was lost when he failed to keep track of his trucks. After a week or so of research we found a solution that worked for him. He has been very happy with his choice now next time he gets a phone call from a shipper wondering when or why the driver didn’t show up he will be able to answer his costumers with confidence and save his reputation.
Check them out at track your truck
- Track GPS Truck Tracking Software and vehicles – Skyhawk TT Video
- somotshop net track car vehicle or person on a PC with free Google maps EX300 GPS tracking software avi
- Q&A: How do you recover from an energy burnout ?
- When Truck companies in PA Place Profits Over Safety, Who Should Pay in a Truck Accident?
- iTracker Cydia App Stolen iPhone Track SMS GPS
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.